Make sure you read the comments that are sometimes submitted below the blog posts! I have gobbled up as many BRAINNNNZZZZZzzz --er, tips from the Comments section as I have from the post on many occasions!
|Click the image to visit the real Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US) website.|
First and foremost, familiarize yourself with anything posted directly from the horse's mouth:
1. Tips for Visiting the Family History Library from FamilySearch.org
Then, if your a bit OCD (like me) continue (for hours) with other researchers' experiences:
(The following articles appear in no particular order and this list is, by no means, exhaustive [although you may be exhausted after you're finished reading them all...]).
2. A Workbook for My Visit to the Family History Library by Diane Boumenot, One Rhode Island Family
3. Salt Lake City Library: Ready, Set, Go! by Lorine McGinnis Schulze, Olive Tree Genealogy
4. Tips on Making Your Salt Lake City Research Trip a Big Success by Joanne Todd, The Gene Pool
5. Top Ten Tips for Visiting the Family History Library by Mary Blauss Edwards, Of Graveyards and Things
6. The Family History Library in Salt Lake City by Matthew Miller, Matt's Genealogy Blog
7. Tips for First Time Family History Library Visitors by Shelley Bishop, A Sense of Family
8. Visiting the Family History Library in Salt Lake City by DearMYRTLE, DearMYRTLE's Genealogy
9. Grab Your Coat and Get Your Hat by Jill Ball, GeniAus
10. SLC Genealogy Research Travel Kit by Joan Miller, Luxegen Genealogy and Family History
11. My First Visit to the Family History Library by Kristina Rees, Losing My Census
12. Getting the Most Out of Your Trip to the Family History Library by Susan Bankhead, Brick Wall Genealogist
13. Visiting the Family History Library by Elaine Kowalski Schroeder, The Spiraling Chains: Kowalski - Bellan Family Trees
14. From the First Floor of the Family History Library by Stephen Danko, Steve's Genealogy Blog
15. Trip to the Genealogist's Mecca: Family History Library in Salt Lake City by Bob Kramp, Life's Journey
Are there any posts I've missed that you've found particularly helpful? Any tips you can offer from your own experiences?