Sunday 8 February 2015

Salt Lake City, Here I Come!

I can't believe I will be leaving for Salt Lake City TOMORROW!!! This trip has come up so fast! I have so many "preparation" blog posts that I have not yet had time to polish and publish.... But, otherwise, I think I am mostly ready!


I'm packed except for a few last minute things. All my electronics are charged. (What the hell did we do before we had to cart all this crap around with us??) I've got my insurance stuff and my itinerary printed. I've called all my cards to inform them of my travels. Exchanged for some American dollars at the bank (I don't even want to talk about that... stupid exchange rate). I've got syllabus information printed out and apps downloaded. Blah blah blah. I'm good to go!

Oh, there is always MORE preparation that could be done for researching at the FHL. I don't know that I will ever be on the ball enough to be entirely prepared for researching somewhere new. From past experiences, it seems I just have to get there and feel what a new repository is like before my brain settles down enough to navigate what I need to accomplish. I also figure I have a lot of boring travel time tomorrow to do some preparing... So we'll see how that goes.*

I plan to do a lot of tweeting throughout my trip which starts early EST tomorrow morning. If you would like to follow my adventures you can do so here**:

http://www.twitter.com/elle_dee_see

You can either make an account and follow me or just visit this page periodically.

My goal is to post SOMETHING on the blog every day of the conference for people who can't attend in real time. I tend to want to be more loquacious and descriptive and wordy in my posts (in case you haven't noticed! ha!) so this it's sometimes hard for me to get it all out in one shot but I'm going to give it a damn honest effort. Just for YOU! Don't you feel special??? Who are you again....? lol





Yes, The Asterisks Mean Something

* It won't, I'm sure, but at least I acknowledge it. LOL

** Not sure why exactly anyone would purposefully follow my exploits (except for Hubby who is legally obligated to) but, hey, there are crazies out there! LOL





2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I want to let you know that your blog is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2015/02/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-february-20.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

This is where I beg for your thoughts, comments, questions and observations and you type them out.